Thursday, February 12, 2009

Storm in a coffee cup- the most dangerous cake recipe ever!

I am about to do you a great disservice. Really. If you love chocolate cake, but you have worked hard to give it a respectable place in your life, then stop reading here.
DON'T say I didn't warn you...
This e-mail recipe has been doing the rounds for a while now. But when it popped up in my in-box yesterday I thought- this time I'm gonna test the theory. 

The idea is simple- you are never more than 5 minutes and a large coffee cup away from fresh, hot, velvety chocolate cake. Honestly. Don't believe me? Just try it!

Ingredients:
* 4 tablespoons plain flour
* 4 tablespoons sugar
* 2 tablespoons cocoa powder
* 1 egg
* 3 tablespoons of milk
* 3 tablespoons of oil
* a splash of vanilla essence

1 large coffee mug





Method:
Mix all dry ingredients together in the mug really well. 
Then one by one add the wet ingredients and mix them thoroughly after each addition.

Put the mug in the microwave and cook on highe (1,000watts) for 3 minutes.

The cake may rise over the top, but don't let this alarm you.
Remove from microwave, tip onto plate and EAT IT!



It actually works and surprisingly for this sceptic- it tasted pretty good. So good in fact that I tried a different flavour.

Note: for a great lemon coconut cake, just replace the cocoa powder with desiccated coconut and a good squeeze of fresh lemon juice. YUM!

  
Happy eating and I accept no responsibility for what may happen now that you have access to chocolate cake whenever you want it! 

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

YUM!!! This looks way to easy for my liking. I know what i'm baking tomorrow morning now!

Intrepid in the Kitchen- JdG: said...

Hey Tim, it really is that easy... and such a great party trick!

SINGING CANARY said...

Oh my, what a delicious blog you have!!! It's PERFECT! Nice one, lovey. But I skipped dinner (sacrilege on this page, I know!) so I must revisit tomorrow on a full stomach... Where to start!

Intrepid in the Kitchen- JdG: said...

Thanks Canary- its nice to get feedback as I am sure you are aware... let me know if you find anything else that you like on the blog.

Kelly said...

OMG I saw this and had to attempt it straight away!!! It does work!! Mine is slightly overcook tho, I'll bring it down to perhaps 2mins 30secs next time which is probably tomorrow! hahaha

thanks!!!

Jean McKenzie said...

How can this rise with just using plain flour? It is not too dense and chewy? Looks really good!